How to apply

How much does it cost to appeal?

There’s no fee to appeal to the Authority.

What you need to send us

If you want to appeal to the Authority, you must do so within 28 days of FairWay Resolution's decision.

If you appeal after this time, you must state in a letter with your application why your appeal is late and why you think it should be accepted.

To appeal, fill in the Notice of Appeal form and send it to us. Make sure you include a copy of FairWay Resolution's decision and copies of any documents you refer to.

Notice of appeal [PDF, 245 KB]

Send your application to:

Accident Compensation Appeal Authority
Tribunals Unit
 DX SX 11159

Present your case

You can present your own case or have a lawyer, or advocate, present it for you.

Appoint an advocate to represent you

You can appoint an advocate to act for you. They don’t need to be a lawyer ­– any person can be your advocate provided they have your written authority to do so. Both you and your advocate need to sign this form:

Authority to act [PDF, 439 KB]

If you hire a lawyer, you may be able to get legal aid to help with legal costs. A lawyer, your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Community Law Centre can tell you more about this.

This page was last updated: