What expenses you can claim
The court will help with some of the costs you might have to pay so you can come to jury service:
- If you are bringing a car we will pay you for the mileage. This will automatically be calculated for you at a rate of 38 cents for each kilometre between your suburb and the court house.
- Car parking isn’t provided by the court. If there’s no free parking near the court, you can ask the court to pay for your parking. You need a receipt to claim for parking.
- The court will also pay you back if you need to take public transport to get to jury service.
- If you can’t get to court any other way, the court may pay for a taxi. However, you need to ask the court first.
- You can claim up to $80 in total each day for professional childcare and up to $40 in total each day (at $5 an hour) for non-professional help from a family member, friend or neighbour.
Apply for jury expenses
When you’ll get the money
Payments are made each week.
If you’re being paid by cheque, we will send the cheque to the address your summons was sent to. If your address has changed, please tell the court staff.